Re: Rebloomers

> From: Rick Tasco/Roger Duncan <randrcv@sierratel.com>
> For the sake of our new members I want to expand on the above statement.
> Not all warm climate rebloomers bloom too late in the season.  There are
> many varieties bred in warm climates which do well in colder areas of
> the country.  It is really not a situation of where the iris is bred but
> of iris genetics.
> Rick Tasco
> Superstition Iris Gardens
> Central California (warm climate)
> Zone 8

     You are totally correct in this.  Many of Monty Byers California bred
Irises rebloomed very well in Kentucky, as did Ben Hager's FEEDBACK.
     Thinking of rebloomers, I have buds on LICHEN (already bloomed once),
BELVI QUEEN (a cold climate rebloomer), and FEEDBACK.  All are showing
color.  All these plants were planted here (Florida) in October, which is
when they normally bloom in Kentucky.
     Of course, long term survival here for these TB Irises is uncertain at
     Last night, we had a bit more than an inch of rain.  That has brought
the monthly total here to 19.83 inches.  Normal December rainfall for
Dunnellon is about 5 inches.  The old rainfall record has been washed away.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.