Re: Garden Books on Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Garden Books on Irises
  • From: AnnCline <AnnCline@aol.com>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 03:34:59 -0700 (MST)

Of course, the bible of iris books is "The World of Irises" by Bee Warburton &
Melba Hamblen, published by the American Iris Society. The price and address
to order is in "The AIS Bulletin."  At your next Iris Club meeting, suggest
the club purchase a copy(s) and donate it to your local library(s).

For Sibierian's "Sibierian Irises", by Currier McEwen, 1981, 74 pgs, Suburban
Press, Hayward.

Timber Press carries several new iris books (I saw Timber Press on the
Internet - somewhere.)

Two books I enjoy give a lot of information and are easy to understand.  The
first I was able to order through my book store a couple of years ago.

 "The Iris Book" by Molly Price,1973, 1966;  191  pgs, Dover Publications,
Inc. New York.

 "Iris For Every Garden", by Sydney B. Mitchell, 1960, 208  pgs, M. Barrows &
Co., Inc. New York.

Ann Cline, Region 6
Iris Club of Southeast Michigan