Re: CULT/HYB: Harvest of Memories

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: CULT/HYB: Harvest of Memories
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 12:12:55 -0700 (MST)

> What color is Harvest of Memories?  How could I obtain a rhizome?   Nicki
> from Washington State

It's a lovely medium yellow self, almost on the greenish side here.
Very fragrant & with big branches.

Argyle Acres and Sutton's Green Thumber both listed it last year.  I
can't find my other catalogs at the moment.

There was a post earlier from someone farther north who said the stalks
tend to corkscrew around in their garden, and this was an oddball year
here (its second year), so maybe it won't ever bloom like this again for
me.  The foliage has been remarkably healthy both years.

By March, my description of the fall bloom on this plant will probably
reach epic proportions!

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
Starting to have SERIOUS iris withdrawal symptoms!