  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: QUESTION about POAST
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 10:53:06 -0700 (MST)

> From my experience, and I have used it for about 5 years, it (POAST) is
> quite safe to spray over the top of iris.  Remember, it will only kill
> grass, most but not all, although quite a few species are listed on the
> package.  Also, it is slow acting in cool weather and vice versa in warm
> weather.  I use it mainly for Bermuda, and it does a good job on it.  I
> highly recommend it.
Rick and whoever else wants to put their 2 cents worth in, <G>
	I have used Poast many times but not with the greatest success.  When
it works it works great but it only seems to work for me 1 out of every
8 or 10 times.  What do you do to make it work so well?

Dana Brown, Lubbock, Texas  Zone 7 Usda, Zone 10 Sunset
17.76".  Our average wind speed is 12.5 mph and we have an average