Re: Zones

>The Virtual Garden website Leslie posted will accept Zip codes as a
>means of determining your USDA zone. This is most helpful when the state
>in question is as small as Delaware because you don't have to peer at a
>map showing the various zones in colors or cross-hatching.

	I think this is the best for the USDA Zone matching - some of the
	maps are really difficult to pinpoint location and decipher the
	different colors, etc. Here is the URL:

>As others have already noted, the various zone designations are only the
>starting point for figuring out what you can, & can't, grow in your
>particular location -- but they're better than nothing.

	I affirm what Claire said about the length of the growth season..
	I feel lucky that anything grows here in Zone 3a and what does
	finally bloom, it does so well....of course, this is a tundra dweller's
	opinion. :-)

Ellen Gallagher  / e_galla@moose.ncia.net
Northern New Hampshire, USA   /   Zone 3a
Siberian iris robin    /  sibrob@ncia.net