Re: Re: Japanese Iris

	 I purchased 12 varieties of Japanese Iris this summer.  I prepared the bed
with mulch 12" thick.  When the plants were delivered I planted them
immediately.  Each plant was encircled with a soaking hose and the entire
section was covered with 3 to 4" of cedar bark.  Most of the plants took off
and showed great signs of doing very well.  In August I lost 4 plants with no
knowledge of what had happened to these happy plants.  The planting area has
remained on the acid side of the scale.  The remaining plants looked great
going into this winter season.  I did not mulch prior to the onset of frost.
As of December 1st the plants still remained green in color and look as if
they will survive the winter months.
	Living in region 20 (Colorado) at an altitude of 5280 feet, this is only an
experiment.  Most region members (99%) stay away from Japanese Iris.  I have
probably made many mistakes so far into this adventure, but I am determined to
continued until I succeed.

Thanks for the Informantion,
Randy