Re: CULT/HYB: Harvest of Memories

>A couple of questions re: HARVEST OF MEMORIES.
>The big clump that I potted up and brought indoors to enjoy the bloom
>and bloom and bloom has been sitting outdoors under the walnut tree
>looking healthy and green and happy in spite of all the below 20o spells
>and the between spells with nights above freezing and warm day temps.
>Anybody want to venture a guess as to whether this thing would try to
>bloom again if I brought it indoors under bright lights?
>Also, I was so blown away by the profusion of bloom on the clumps I left
>outdoors well past several hard freezes, it would be interesting to try
>some of her children.  Does anybody know of HARVEST OF MEMORIES
>Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
>P.S. Mark Cook - I potted a chunk of LITTLE SHOWOFF and put it on my
>windowsill at work.  It had a couple of bouts of rot 'till I figured how
>much water to give it and now it is slowly growing a lot of increase.
>No sign of attempt to bloom though.

Dear Linda:  Did you expect me to reply?? I have raised seedlings from
HARVEST OF MEMORIES, the only CORN HARVEST seedling I ever registered. It
is best crossed with rather wide parents, but of itself is often a
contender for Queen at the Fall Shows, - and indeed won again this year at
the Chesapeake & Potomac Fall Show this year, placing ahead of CLARENCE.
The fall stalks have simply tremendous branching! My best thing from it
thus far is SUNNY DISPOSITION, which I ought to have mentioned in an
earlier reply. This one produces clumps of bloom in the fall. perhaps
because its other parent is IMMORTALITY, and I highly recommend it to you.
Its branching is good, (more like H of M than Imm.) Again I recommend a
wide parent in crossing to Sunny D., though it is pretty good itself.
Lloyd Z in Durham NC