Re: OT: very early bloomers

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT: very early bloomers
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Dec 1997 18:39:35 -0700 (MST)

> Shocking weather!  I have fushias still blooming and geraniums too.  No
> iris, tho!
> Write again and share what they are doing and what else is blooming and
> growing.
>
> Nicki - Puget Sound - Washington State

Nicki,
     As of today, I have a Rose, some Pansies, Impatiens, Hardy Begonias,
Tea Olives, and Camellias in bloom.  I have a TB Iris about to bloom, and a
Tiger Eye Iris also has at least one more bud.
     Before moving to Florida, my only other encounter with Camellias was
when I saw one in a conservatory in Ohio.  They are very common here, and
deservedly so.  They are so pretty in bloom.  Camellias bloom for quite
some time, too.
     Thinking of Camellias, there is a Camellia Nursery in Ocala.  They are
having a sale now.  Oh no, here I go again...

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, FL.