ARILBRED: ZERZURA?

I received ZERZURA as an extra from Superstition Gardens (thanks guys!).
At the time I received it I thought, "What a strange name."  After
watching _The English Patient_, however, I thought, WOW!  Zerzura was
the lost oasis and figures more prominently in the book than the movie,
especially as regards the Cave of Swimmers.

I noticed this was an intro by Hager in '90; far too early for the
movie.  I haven't checked the book's copyright date yet, but boy, what a
good name for an iris.

(I wish I. histrioides KATHARINE HODGKIN was KATHARINE CLIFTON ;-) )....

One of my AB's has rotted into oblivion and I can't tell whether it's
ZERZURA or DAWN CARESS.  ALL THE WAY showed some signs of rot but I
cleaned it up.  Others were fine.  Have had too many inches of rain;
fritillaries imperialis have rotted, too, despite efforts to save them.
(5" of rain in December or 5" of rain in any month is unusual for us.)
--
Amy Moseley Rupp (amyr@austx.tandem.com)  Austin, TX, USDA z8b, Sunset z30