  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: ARILBRED: ARIL REVERIE in bloom.
  • From: "Walter A. Moores" <wam2@Ra.MsState.Edu>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:38:23 -0700 (MST)

	Some time in late November (I think), I informed the readers of
this list that I had discovered a bud in my own creation named above.  I
fully expected the freeze of 25o several weeks ago to be its ruination
even though I had covered the clump with a large bucket.  Further, since
we have been away in Texas on holiday for a week (having returned after
dark last night), I had completely forgotten about ARIL REVERIE.  This
morning when I looked out the window on a frosty morning of 29o, there was
the terminal bud of A R unfurled!  The brick wall of the garage radiated
the necessary warmth for the continued development of the bud as the
stalk was left uncovered during the while we were away in Texas. Now, I
will wait for some warmth to occur before I go outside and check on the
fragrance, which is usually quite pronounced.  The moral to this little
story is to plant more late rebloomers on the south side of a brick wall.

	Walter Moores
	Enid Lake, MS 7/8 (Back from Foat Wuth, a nice place to visit but
I wouldn't want to live there.  It took two of us to open the door at
Dillards as the wind was howling at 40mph at least).