Nicki wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicki Shay <nickishay@juno.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
Date: Sunday, December 28, 1997 6:35 PM

>Thanks to all who have written in answer to my question about Poast.  Now
>I have learned that there is a product called Basagran that works perhaps
>And Vantage was mentioned.  Anymore info on that product?
>Does anyone know why Poast is so difficult to find?  Who made it?
>And Basagran - where does one expect to find it?  And, is it concentrated
>and diluted for spraying?      I cannot afford to hire a crew to do
>weeding - and the old knees are yelling at me when I get down.  There has
>to be a better way than that!
>Thanks, folks.  Any more information out there?  Wish some chemical
>genius was on this list - or grew Iris - then they would know how badly
>we need their scientific expertise to help us, hmmmmmmmm?
>Happiest of New Years - everyone.           Nicki - Cool Puget Sound, WA

I'm no help in the chemical department, but your comment about the knees (I
know, I know) reminded me of a tool my mom had years ago for dispensing
liquid weed killer while standing.  It was a transparent green plastic tube
with a metal spike on the end, which when you pushed it down onto a weed
would release a small amount of the liquid.  I remember it working quite
well, but I don't think I've seen one in, oh, a couple of decades.  Does
this ring a bell with anyone, and does this gadget still exist?

Barb in Santa Fe, where it nearly got to freezing today (31.8 F), and the
snow's not melting yet, but at least it compacted.