Re: iris info

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: iris info
  • From: storey@aristotle.net (J. Michael, Celia or Ben Storey)
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 14:56:48 -0700 (MST)

Yetta Loyd, here are the cultivars I was able to find in the R&I
Checklists. I could not find Monico, Jillard or Prissy Pink. Perhaps they
are '97 registrations or perhaps the names you have are slightly wrong or
perhaps I didn't look closely enough. Someone will help us out, I'm sure.

celia
storey@aristotle.net
Little Rock

>FIRST BLUSH (G. Corlew '78)  TB 33", E-M.  S light pink; F slightly
>lighter, shading to color of S at haft; pinkish red beard. Intro '81.

>HALL OF FAME (N. Sexton '71) TB 36", M. Salmon pink self, self beard.
>Intro '72.

>HOWDY DO (Monty Byers '85) TB 35", E-L. Ruffled silver white, faint
>yellow-gold at hafts; blue white beard tipped cadmium orange, 1" blue
>horns. Intro '86.

>JILLARD Did not find this one, but there is a JILLAROO registered in '83.

>JUBILAIRE (G. Corlew '82) TB 32", M. Light yellow, lighter center on F;
>yellow beard. Intro '83.

>LOS ANGELES (William Mohr's hybrid registered after his death by Sidney
>Mitchell, in '27) TB, M. blue feathered white.

>monico? I did not find this, but I did find MONICA and MONACO

MONACO (Bob Brown '76)  TB 30", ML. Lightly ruffled and laced light
lavender with lighter area around F; tangerine beard tipped white. Intro
'77

MONICA (Loleta Powell 94) IB, 25", EM. S. creamy white; style arms yellow;
F lemon yellow; beards yellow; pronounced sweet fragrance.

>OLYMPIC RINGS (Walter Moores '89) TB 32", EM & RE (Nov/Dec in TX). White
>with faint yellow halo on S and more pronounced golden yellow halo on F;
>golden yellow beard. Intro '90

>PRISSY PINK Did not find this one, but there is a pink PRISSY:

PRISSY (Venable '60) BB 23", RE. Peach-pink self. Intro '61.