Re: iris info

> From: Loyd <loyd1@erols.com>
> seasons greetings,
> last fall I was lucky enough to be given irises with names and no other
> information about them..color, height, etc.  I would greatly appreciate
> help you could give me .

     Here is some information from the AIS Checklists.

> WABASH  (Williamson, 1936)  TB  No height given, but was about 30" in
Kentucky.  Blue toned bicolor
>TUXEDO  (Schreiners, 1965)  TB  37"  M.  Deep midnight blue-black.  Self
>TRUMPET CONCERTO.  (Zurbrigg, 1980) TB 42.5"  L-VL.  Standards light blue
violet.  Falls medium blue, lighter edge.  Orange influence at hafts.
Light blue violet flounce.  White beards.  Orange in throat.
>PRISSY PINK  Could not find.  Probably since 1990.
>OLYMPIC RINGS  (W. Moores, 1989)  TB 32"  EM, Re.  White with faint yellow
halo on standards.  More pronounced golden halo on falls.  Golden yellow
>MONACO (Brown, 1977)  TB 30"  ML. Lightly ruffled and laced light lavender
with lighter area around falls.  Tangerine beard tipped white.
>LOS ANGELES  (Mohr, 1927)   TB   Blue toned white.  No height given.
>JUBILIARE.  (Corlew, 1983)  TB 32".  M. Light yellow.  Lighter center on
falls.  Yellow beard.
>JILLARD.  Could not find.  Probably since 1990.

>HOWDY DO  (Byers, 1986)  TB 35"  E-L.  Ruffled silver white.  Faint yellow
glow at hafts.  Blue white beard tipped orange.  1" blue horns.
>HALL OF FAME  (Sexton, 1972)  TB 36"  M.  Salmon pink self.  Self beard.

>FIRST BLUSH  (Corlew, 1981)  TB 33"  E-M.  Standards light pink.  Falls
slightly lighter shading to color of standards at the hafts.  Pinkish red

     I hope this helps.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, FL.   Sunny and very windy.