Re: Garden Books on Irises

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Garden Books on Irises
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" <jgcrump@erols.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 17:33:51 -0700 (MST)

L.Zurbrigg wrote:

> My grandmother White was borh
> Charity Brine inEngland, a daughter of James Brine, the youngest of the
> Tolpuddle martyrs. . . agricultural workers who were transported for trying to organize
> labor unions for agric. workers.  Lloyd Zurbrigg, iris hybridizer, Durham
> NC USA

Lloyd -- Your posting to Fiona Walsh, above, indicates we have something
else in common besides our hybridizing debt to Earl Roberts of Indiana
-- namely, my grandfather, Arthur Breckinridge Crump, was a local
officer (in Indiana) of the Knights of Labor, the pioneering body of the
American labor movement, when it was still a secret organization in the
1870's.

jgcrump@erols.com