Re: Sunset Zones

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Sunset Zones
  • From: AnnCline <AnnCline@aol.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 19:37:34 -0700 (MST)

<<     But, of course we are much hotter in summer.  This is why I have come
 to prefer the Sunset National Garden Book's 45 climate zones.  Their system
 is not perfect, but it is far more usable than the USDA Zones for
 determining what will or what will not grow in a given area.   >>

Before the subject of climate zones dies, I would like to know what Sunset
Zone means.  At first mention I thought it meant "when the sun set" and
wondered why anyone would care.  But, your mention of the Sunset National
Garden Book's 45 climate zones seems to indicate another set of zones.  Is
this correct and if so, are the Sunset Zones listed online?