Re: Sunset Zones

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: Sunset Zones
  • From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 20:15:28 -0700 (MST)

----------

> > Before the subject of climate zones dies, I would like to know what
> Sunset
> > Zone means.  At first mention I thought it meant "when the sun set" and
> > wondered why anyone would care.  But, your mention of the Sunset
National
> > Garden Book's 45 climate zones seems to indicate another set of zones.
> Is
> > this correct and if so, are the Sunset Zones listed online?

 Ann (Cline),
      You are not the only person who first thought this.  The Sunset
 National Garden Book was published early this year by The Sunset
Publishing
 Company of California.  They are the people who make Sunset Magazine,
which
 is well known on the West Coast.
      I don't know of the Sunset Zones being listed online.  The Sunset
 National Garden Book has been available in many chain bookstores, so if
you
 get a chance, you might wish to go thumb through it to see what it is
 about.
      I do feel that this book has the potential to be far more helpful to
 gardeners than the overly broad USDA Zones.

 Mark A. Cook
 billc@atlantic.net
 Dunnellon, FL.