After lurking for several months, I feel brave enough to introduce myself.
My husband, Jack & I live in southwest Oklahoma. (About 15 miles north of
the Texas border) We live 3 miles out of Walters, on a farm, raising cattle
& wheat. Farming is so bad, thank goodness, Jack found a little oil to keep
us going.

I am the newsletter editor for Region 22 - Oklahoma & Arkansas. I grow
about 800 iris. But I am trying to cut back, not because of space but age.
(mine) I am an iris judge and the publication director for HIPS. Also  a
Master Gardener and Nationally Accredited Flower Show Judge.

Next to iris, I love cats. I won't say how many I have because people will
think I'm delirious.

We have 4 granddaughters and I am nurturing their interest in iris. That's
a lot of fun.

I enjoyed Walter Moore's comment today about the wind in Ft. Worth (Texas).
We have had high winds for several days. I thought we had more wind than
anyone in the country - till I attended the Sacramento Convention year
before last.

I am working on getting the Region 22 Newsletter out now. Then I am helping
a committee to get out the first publication for the new Tall Bearded Iris
Society, which hopes to be a cooperating society of the American Iris

I have really enjoyed the iris list. It is wonderful that so many people
take the time to participate. And welcome to another Oklahoman new on our
list - Dale Clark.

We have had one snow this season - Christmas Day & it was melted before
night. (or blew away)

Happy New Year to everyone! I hope to see a lot of you at the national
convention in Denver.

Ruth B. Simmons
Zone 7