Re: OT-BIO

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <iris-l@rt66.com>
  • Subject: Re: OT-BIO
  • From: Dorothy Fingerhood <daf10@cornell.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 07:25:37 -0700 (MST)

At 10:28 PM 12/30/97 -0700, you wrote:
>After lurking for several months, I feel brave enough to introduce myself.
>My husband, Jack & I live in southwest Oklahoma. (About 15 miles north of
>the Texas border) We live 3 miles out of Walters, on a farm, raising cattle
>& wheat. Farming is so bad, thank goodness, Jack found a little oil to keep
>us going.
>
>I am the newsletter editor for Region 22 - Oklahoma & Arkansas. I grow
>about 800 iris. But I am trying to cut back, not because of space but age.
>(mine) I am an iris judge and the publication director for HIPS. Also  a
>Master Gardener and Nationally Accredited Flower Show Judge.

<SNIP,SNIP>

>Happy New Year to everyone! I hope to see a lot of you at the national
>convention in Denver.
>
>Ruth B. Simmons
>Zone 7

A very hearty welcome to the list, Ruth!  It is always a pleasure to be
able to connect a name with ... (keystrokes?).  I have had the benefit of
your very efficient service as HIPS publication director when I completed
my set of ROOTS ( a treasure!) and purchased some chronicles.  Thank you
very much!

800 cultivars... WOW!  And I won't inquire further about cats...I
understand how these things happen.  :-)

Again, welcome, and enjoy the list!

Dorothy Fingerhood
daf10@cornell.edu
Newfield, NY  (where we are SERIOUSLY snowbound, and where the wind has
been such that all my shoveling needs to be redone today.
:-(      Bah --I'm getting too old for this.)