OT - Happy New Year!

I have been kind of quiet of late but that is only because I have been
having too much fun. We are now halfway through a two week period in which
there is Christmas and New Year, two birthdays and our 37th wedding
anniversary. Adding to the excitement this year is the fact that in a few
more months we will become grandparents. I have been practicing for a while
at being a grandpa.

In keeping with the times, I am announcing the first "GLOOSCAP AWARD" for
the most memorable off topic posting of 1997. A bit risky because a real
gem might appear before midnight but my nomination goes to the message Bill
Shear posted regarding spider phobia and dentures. Many were deserving but
that wins my vote.

Thank you Walter Moores for your tour de force. It was a masterpiece, even
though that swine near the end looks remarkably like a puppy that I once
had. Perhaps it was a boarhound hybrid which we had.

Don't worry about rot or borers, since 98 is going to be the best iris year
ever. I'll raise a toast to the whole crew of you tonight.

John Montgomery