CULT: Plant compatability

From: "Jan Clark" <janclarx@hotmail.com>

Anner wrote:
>Just give the usual thought to cultural compatibility of soil, sun,
root run,
>fertilizer and water needs when you select your companion plants and if
you
>can avoid things that have the same insect pests as your irises--like
>aphids--so much the better.

Oddly I found that growing Daylilies with my Iris successfully kept the
aphids OFF the iris. They thoroughly enjoyed snacking on Daylily juices,
and left the TB's alone completely. Daylilies do have a purpose!

Cheers, Jan Clark, in Australia,
 Who is thoroughly enjoying the first Daylily blooms and still gets
cross when they have gone the next day :-)