Re: Bio/Business

After reading that Lone Star Iris Gardens is no longer in business I
felt a little shudder.  This may be because I was just about to announce
the opening of our website [rainbowfarms.net].

Please drop by our site and let me know what ya'll think. We are proud
of our work, but we really love comments, especially from my friends on

Cliff Snyder			Austin, Tx
Rainbow Iris Farm		Zone 8
Title: Rainbow Iris Farms

Rainbow Iris Farms"Spring blossoms glisten,
breezes whisper among the fans so green,
no lovelier sight to calm the soul."

elcome to our world of iris. We began our venture down the iris path in 1994. Numerous Sunday afternoon visits to our Grandpa's farm brought our attention to Grandma's "flags". Pinks, whites, blues, many of them forgotten amid the weeds and briars. As a favor to Grandma and the iris we made new beds and rescued hundreds. To spice up the beds we decided to add a few varieties of more modern origin. One thing led to another and soon enough we were growing not just hundreds, but thousands. This past May we purchased our own farm (luckily it is across the road from Grandma's). The transition to our new place has been difficult but satisfying. We now have more than 25,000 iris happily growing and blooming.

This web page is the start of another journey for us. The remarkable iris has been overlooked as a wonderful addition to your garden for too long. By the end of your trip through our world we're sure you'll be ready to start your own iris garden.

Cliff, Rita, Ashlin & Tristan Snyder

bout Iris - Learn about the types of iris, the Dyke's Medal, when and where to plant, and general care tips.
roducts - Shop our online catalog.
ontact Us

Web Design By: Huffman Computer Systems