Re: CULT: Borers--host plants and fall clean-up

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: CULT: Borers--host plants and fall clean-up
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 09:02:25 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

"Anonymous" post from Dennis Hager in ?Virginia?:
 > Is there
> a way to effectively compost the debris from the massive fall clean-up
> AND assure that I have not provided an over-wintering spot for the
> borer?

How about sprinkling it with nematodes and keeping the compost pile
insulated someway to keep temps above 50oF long enough (how long would
that be Bill Shear?) to let the 'todes parasitize the ?eggs?..

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
another stalk on Harvest of Memories still growing and the summer squash
under Reemay are still trying to make fruit. wacko weather.  too too