Re: LSG closes - it was news to us too!

From: Bill Shear <BILLS@hsc.edu>

Heather and Bernard Pryor have authorized me to forward this exchange to
the list.  Heather wanted to emphasize that she was just in shock, not
bitter or angry about Campbell's abrupt decision.  With Dennis, I hope that
the Pryors will be able to find another North American outlet for their
wonderful irises.

Meantime, many other questions about this matter go unanswered......

>Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 07:38:06 +1000
>From: heather & bernard pryor <irishaven@pip.com.au>
>Subject: Re: LSG closes - it was news to us too!
>To: BILLS@hsc.edu
>
>>Dear Heather and Bernard,
>>
>>I just learned today of the closing of Lone Star Gardens. The message,
>>which you may have read on iris-l, was stunning and abrupt.
>>
>>Do you have any insights into this situation?  Were you given any advance
>>notice?  And what will now become of your outlet in North America?
>>
>>Bill Shear
>>

>Dear Bill,
>
>My first reaction on reading the posting from Tom Dillard was to immediately
>send back the following message to him:
>

>"THUMP!!!!   Sound of Heather falling off her chair in shock.    Still
>shaking,  Heather"
>
>I knew nothing of the move, and todate have heard nothing more than you
>know.  Not what you would call an "ideal situation" eh?
>
>I don't whether I'm more upset at not being given some prior notice, or more
>upset at now not being able to provide kind considerate folk like yourself
>with the answers to the questions I knew were subsequently going to now come
>my way for a "please explain, if you can".
>
>Still sitting in the dark.
>
>Heather

Bill Shear
Department of Biology