Cindy Rivera aka Sidneygardener 's question about TBIS

From: RYFigge@aol.com

Dear Cindy, I have been trying to clear my "desk" of a few items and junk mail
before answering your query about TBIS.  Actually, I suspect you know more
than I do about TBIS's plans since you attended the meeting. Would you care to
share what you know ?  You could "write" me direct (ryfigge @aol.com) if you
prefer and  it does not belong online.

I really don't know why Scott answered because he is evidently not aware of
the latest news on the subject.

At the Fall Board Meeting in Mass., our new AIS President formed an AIS Bylaws
Commiittee to review the sub-sections on membership for Sections and
Cooperating Societies  (Article III, Sections 3 and 5).

Keep in mind that Clarence is a peace-maker with his feet on the ground and
he is not a grudge-holder.  He really wants what is best for AIS, with no
personal ax to grind.

Clarence appointed the AIS Board  member, Bobbie Shepard of Arizona as
Chairman of the aforementioned Committee.  The RVP (Regional Vice President)
representative on the Board, Brad Kasperek of Utah, is a member of the
Committee.  I am the third member  of the Committee.  I am in my last year as
President of the Reblooming Iris Society, a Section of AIS.  (I would like to
add that AIS has never interfered in any way during my administration)
My other hobby  is that I am a member of the National Association of
Parliamentarians.  I have a dear friend who is a Registered Professional
Parliamentarian and  whom I can consult.  She is a former President of NAP.

The Committee hopes to find some way to please both groups so there can be
better negotiations in a calm non-judgemental atmosphere.  I hope I'm not
being too optimistic and idealistic.  I thoroughly dislike controversy.  Maybe
it's because I grew up alone (my brother died when we were toddlers) and I
don't know how to handle family feuds ---- and AIS is a big family and I have
been part of it for many years and know most of the TBIS's members and am very
fond of them.  Most are young enough to be my children or should I say it in
another way and say I am old enough to be their mother - and  I feel
maternally (is that the word I want?) toward them.  They are dear to me and I
have fond memories of the past.  And I don't like to see this dissension in
"my family".  Well, I have rattled on long enough - too long - but now you
know how I feel.  If you have any ideas how we (the two groups) can speak the
same language (!) let me know.  In any case, please keep in contact.
Rosalie nr Baltimore - zone 7  - ryfigge@aol.com