Re: Is it Eleanor Roosevelt?

From: RYFigge@aol.com

  Just talked to my granddaughter in re to the royal purple with white beard
iris.  She has about 6 stalks in bloom nd has promised me a rz next summer if
it doesn't bloom out. They have been in this house thru 2 falls and it is a
faithfull rebloomer - and it is evidently an IB because the leaves are smaller
and  so is the bloom - and it is not as tall as TBs  The beard is yellow in
the throat and has purple tips to the hairs to the end, so that makes it look
whitish and it is slightly fragrant. and the falls are whitish in the throat .
This is her description by phone just now.  I haven't had time to go back to
see it myself..  I had it many years ago and didn't like it, but I thought
this was worth my wanting a piece!  Rosalie nr Baltimore zone 7