Re: Leaf sectioning as species ID?

From: "J.F. Hensler" <hensler@povn.com>

Has anyone ever heard of any studies being done on the differences that show in cross sections of the leaves of different iris species, or if anything like this has been used to differentiate between species?

One of the reasons I ask is I'm finding some interesting things that are visible without magnification.

One cv that really has me wanting more information is ROY DAVIDSON. It's listed in my notes as I.psued. but from what I've seen in other known psueds, it sure looks like a species cross.

I'd appreciate any info you all might have.

Thanks,
Christy Hensler

Newport, WA z4b snow is flying and winter is finally here.