Re: CULT - bud count

From: Iarejan@aol.com

In a message dated 12/5/98 6:32:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vincelewonski@yahoo.com writes:

<< . I get 5-6 hours direct sun.
    What factors influence bud count? Is there any way to increase bud
 count, short of moving next door to Mike Sutton? >>
    Great to hear from someone in my old region...actually I'm from NJ but
close enough to Philly and my husband is from Philly...anyway, that bloom
report is great
and as far as bud count, I've ordered from Schriners and gotten first year
bloom with good bud count, pretty close to what they predicted.  But of
course, like you,
my irises only get 6 to 7 hours of sun.  I think more sun probably helps alot.
Moving next door to Mike Sutton would also help alot.   And fertilizer...that
Not sure if this is exactly help.
    Also, don't feel bad about that incredibly slow emergence of the
bloom...this darn DASHING stalk is still working on a bloom since Nov. 18.
Just showing a tip of color now.   (sigh).
Janet N.
zone 8, Myrtle Beach , SC where it's been almost balmy!