OT-HUMOR: aphids

From:	dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net (Dennis Kramb)

APHIDS FOR SALE!  Just in time for the Holiday Season!  Anyone interested
in some aphids for the holidays, just stop by my garden.  There's plenty to
choose from.  I carry a wide variety depending on your personal
preferences.  I've got your TB-loving aphids down through MDB-loving
aphids.  I've got your Louisiana-loving aphids.  I've even got your
aril-loving and arilbred-loving aphids.  And for those of you not so
interested in aphids for your irises, I've got some with a hankering for
your rose bushes.

I also carry some aphid predators, such as your lady bugs and daddy
long-leggers (whose scientific name is greek for aphid sucker).  Sorry, but
all sales are final on these.  (Obviously they're defective or they'd be
doing their job keeping down the aphid populations!)

And what aphid collection would be complete without your own ant colony!
That's right, if you act now I'll throw in an ant farm absolutely free!
These little ants are your aphids best friends.  They'll carry your aphids
from iris to iris spreading them all throughout your garden!  They help
your new friends seek out the juiciest most delicious irises to munch on
all winter long.

COMING SOON IN SPRING...BORERS BY THE BUSHEL BASKETFUL!!

------

All humor aside, I can't believe how fast these aphids have spread in my
garden. This weather must just be heaven for them.  And these $&%$&@
ladybugs and daddy long-leggers don't seem to be doing anything to keep
them in check.  I guess the ants are protecting them?

*GRUMBLE!*

On a side note, the irises not affected by aphids yet are my Siberian
"REPRISE", I. cretensis (unguicularis), I. attica (pumila), a few of my
Louisianas, versicolors, virginicas, setosas, and of course my I. cristata
which are completely dormant.

Dennis Kramb; dkramb@tso.cin.ix.net
Member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, RIS, SIGNA, & Miami Valley Iris Society
Primary Interests: Arilbreds, Rebloomers, and Native Ohio Species Irises
(Check out my web page at http://home.fuse.net/dkramb/home.html)