Re: SPEC:Iris chrysographes

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Bill Shear wrote re I. chrysographes

>Likes cooler climates and seems to be fully hardy at least into Z5.

	I. chrysographes is hardy in my garden which is fully Zone 3.
	I bought my original plant from a garden in Montana which was
	also in Zone 3. I plan to start some from seed this year simply
	because I love the series.

	As a small aside, all the 40-chromosome Siberians that I have
	tried have flouished here - I attribute that to the continuous
	snow cover (my white mulch) that Glenn wrote so terrifically
	about yesterday. :)

	Ellen (where it is 60 degrees and the snow is GONE from the
		hillside making me anxious and also making a fibber
		out of me when I talk about our "continuous snow
		cover :)