REB:Can't believe it

From: "Joanne Pyszczek" <jopyz@earthlink.net>

I think I may have a record for Iris bloom in Western New York.  I just cut
two stalks in flower off of ISTANBUL.  It certainly surprised the heck out
of me.  I thought the buds had frozen during a couple frosts a month ago,
but I just happened to look out the window and there they were. Two stalks
with beautiful terminal buds open.  Couldn't leave them out any longer it is
supposed to turn colder, though I swear I heard it was around freezing last
night. Hopefuly a few more buds will manage to open in the house.
Joanne Pyszczek
Hamburg, NY zone 5/6