Re: SPEC: the innards of leaves

Linda,

>>How do you slice these leaves to look at them?
What tools do you use? <<

I use a tissue blade to slice them. Luckily, they're easy to get hold of since it's the same tool used to slice polymer clay.

Too near sighted to use a magnifying glass, so I'm limited to what I can see without glasses on.

A friend has tossed a few slices under his microscope and is finding even more details that might turn out to be useful for IDs.

Christy Hensler

Newport, WA
http://www.povn.com/rock/

application/ms-tnef