Re: HIST: REB: Lustre (Dykes 25)

From: Mike Lowe <mlowe@worldiris.com>

Janet asks...

>...what does Lustre look like...

Very likely out of aphylla breeding, it has the characteristic branching.
About 24 inches tall, a violet self or slight bi-tone (Standards RHS 82A,
falls 83C) bluish white beard tipped yellow, self haft veining overlaid on
a white area around the beard, white area carrying out to shoulder margins.

Two blooms fading, a batch to come out, didn't give me much to work with
and my memory doesn't pull up the details from spring bloom...

I'll try my photo logs and see if I have a slide that I can chuck up on the
HIPS site.

>and is it available now?

Don't know if it is in commerce -- Anner might have something on this.

I'm surprised that I haven't found it behind MTBs...perhaps if it had been
used instead of Thisbe we would have more MTB cultivars exhibiting
rebloom...but perhaps not, it IS a dice game...

Mike,  mlowe@worldiris.com   --   http://www.worldiris.com
South Central Virginia, USA; USDA Zone 7A