Re: TB: TBIS News

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

Dana Brown wrote:
> From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
> I took the liberty of forwarding some of the news and questions about
> the TBIS to a friend of mine, Ramona Howard, who is on the Board of the
> TBIS.  She sent this back to me and asked if I would post it back to
> iris-talk.

Thank you, Dana and Ramona, for the information you posted. I found most of it
reassuring. I did have a problem at one point, though.

> > [AIS board]
> > believes that the two organizations cannot work together because
> > most of the members of AIS are only interested in tall bearded irises
> > anyway and there is no need for the Tall bearded society.  Nothing
> > could be further from the truth.  There has been nothing offered
> > through AIS for those persons in a very long time.

I do not understand the above. I grow mostly TBs. The Bulletin has a LOT of info
on TB irises. The spring convention is timed for peak TB bloom. The regional
treks (at least in 14 and 15) and a large percentage of shows are timed for TBs.

The AIS offers a lot to me that I am very grateful for.

As I said, I do not understand and I welcome further explanation of the point
being made.

> >  AIS has become
> > bogged down with personalities, wanting to be on the board, wanting
> > their friends on the board,  seeing that the same people hold the same
> > offices for as long as possible, instead of being concerned about what
> > they are giving their members.  The members are no longer important
> > to them....

The above opinions are, at the very least, an over-generalization.

Gerry, wishing the TBIS well
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles
President of San Fernando Valley Iris Society