Re: SPEC: autumn die back

From: Pat Bass <bpbass@gj.net>

J.F. Hensler wrote:

> Ian,
> Tectorum has never made it through a winter here.
> Christy Hensler

Christy & Ian:

I grew I. tectorum, both the blue and the white, and the blue did very well.  The white would bloom itself out and promptly die.  The blue I. tectorum lived year after year in the harsh Kansas winters but would bloom like
crazy the next year.  I brought a piece with me to CO, and it is doing well here, and I fully expect it to bloom next year.  I love it!

Pat in CO where we have snow on the ground this morning and very cold, but needed moisture.