Re: SPEC: I. tectorum

From: "sidneygardener" <sidneygardener@email.msn.com>

I. tectorum grows well in Albuquerque, zone 6, in either the shady bed or my
rockgarden, but it really doesn't like to be moved. Someone  mentioned that
it grows well in NM, but someone else said they didn't think it did well in
the freeze and thaw. It freezes and thaws tremendously here. We can be 60s
and drop to teens. Right now its 15 degrees winds of 45 miles an hour and
we're frozen solid, but tomarrow the sun may come out and melt everything.
You never know here. I've found that mine likes a leaf mulch which I don't
remove til spring but  don't  forget to water your beds if you get a long
dry spell. We don't get much moisture here in the winter. Maybe thats the
difference.

Sidney Gardener
AIS, NMIS, AIG, SIGNA, ASI
Zone 6