Oz convention and the Suttons

From: RYFigge@aol.com

Dear Ann, I  read your description just now and found it fascinating - sorry
I'm so late with reading it.  It  made we wish I had been there - I attended
Australians Fourth convention about 25 plus years ago and was fascinated how
everything bloomed at the same time that we see seasonally (is there such a
word?)  Poinsettias along with irises really !!  And I know you enjoyed the
Suttons' talk!  We had them speak at the Reblooming Iris Convention the first
year I was president of RIS - and I hope I'll have a chance to hear them
again.  They have lovely irises and I'm waiting for a Space-Ager-Rebloomer!!
THAT will be spectacular.  They put out a very interesting catalogue which
designates what irises are likely to rebloom in different areas.  That is a
big help and which i hope will be featured by others.  Now that the REBLOOMING
CHECKLIST (2200 cultivars) is now available, I hope others will follow suit.
This CHECKLIST gives , States, Countries, and USDA zones, ($10.00 plus $6.00
overseas postage - US$)  available from the RIS membership chairman, Charlie
Brown.  I am delighted that you are interested in rebloomers and have good
luck with them. Please keep me posted on any rebloom you have.  Our  local
iris society had Barry Blyth as a speaker last year - I already had a number
of his irises.  I'm afraid they got their seasons mixed up and some of them
bloomed this past summer, so I'll have to wait for the next go-round and see
if they meant it!  I'd like to have  any info  about any Australian
hybridizers that have rebloomers and how to get them..
Good "talking" to you!  Rosalie nr Baltimore, zone 7 - just had our first real
freeze last night -- so glad I cut the ones in bloom: LOW HO SILVER,
UNFORGETTABLE LOVE< AUTUMN TRYST<, HOT, PLUM WINE, THREE SEASON(that's
fantastic)  MOUSE, QUEEN DOROTHY, and, of course 4 gorgeous stalks of my
namesake.  ryfigge@aol.com