Fwd: A Beautiful Christmas Story worth reading-non iris related

Bobby was getting cold sitting out in his back yard in the
 snow. Bobby didn't wear boots; he didn't like them and anyway he didn't
 own any.The thin sneakers he wore had a few holes in them and they
 did a poor job of keeping out the cold.
 Bobby had been in his backyard for about an hour already.
 And, try as he might, he could not come up with an idea for his mother's
 Christmas gift. He shook his head as he thought, "This is useless,
 even if I do come up with an idea, I don't have any money to spend."
 Ever since his father had passed away three years ago, the
 family of five had struggled. It wasn't because his mother didn't care, or
 try, there just never seemed to be enough. She worked nights at the
 hospital, but the small wage that she was earning could only be stretched
so far.
 What the family lacked in money and material things, they
 more than made up for in love and family unity. Bobby had two older and
 younger sister, who ran the household in their mother's absence.
 All three of his sisters had already made beautiful gifts
 for their mother.  Somehow it just wasn't fair. Here it was Christmas Eve
 already, and he had nothing.
 Wiping a tear from his eye, Bobby kicked the snow and
 started to walk down to the street where the shops and stores were. It
 wasn't easy being six without a father, especially when he needed a man to
talk to.

 Bobby walked from shop to shop, looking into each decorated
 window. Everything seemed so beautiful and so out of reach. It was
 starting to get dark and Bobby reluctantly turned to walk home when
 suddenly his eyes caught the glimmer of the setting sun's rays reflecting
 off of something along the curb. He reached down and discovered a
 shiny dime.
 Never before has anyone felt so wealthy as Bobby felt at
 that moment. As he held his new found treasure, a warmth spread
 throughout his entire body and he walked into the first store he saw. His
 excitement quickly turned cold when salesperson after salesperson told him
 he could not buy anything with only a dime.
 He saw a flower shop and went inside to wait in line. When
 the shop owner asked if he could help him, Bobby presented the dime
 and asked if he could buy one flower for his mother's Christmas gift.
 The shop owner looked at Bobby and his ten cent offering. Then he put
 his hand on Bobby's shoulder and said to him, "You just wait here and
 I'll see what I can do for you."
 As Bobby waited, he looked at the beautiful flowers and even
 though he was a boy, he could see why mothers and girls liked
 flowers.  The sound of the door closing as the last customer left,
 jolted Bobby back to reality. All alone in the shop, Bobby began to feel
 alone and afraid.
 Suddenly the shop owner came out and moved to the counter.
 There, before Bobby's eyes, lay twelve long stem, red roses, with
 leaves of green and tiny white flowers all tied together with a big
 silver bow. Bobby's heart sank as the owner picked them up and placed
 them gently into a long white box.
 "That will be ten cents young man." the shop owner said
 reaching out his hand for the dime. Slowly, Bobby moved his hand to give
 the man his dime. Could this be true? No one else would give him a
 thing for his dime! Sensing the boy's reluctance, the shop owner
 added, "I just happened to have some roses on sale for ten cents a dozen.
 Would you like them?"
 This time Bobby did not hesitate, and when the man placed
 the long box into his hands, he knew it was true. Walking out the
 door that the owner was holding for Bobby, he heard the shop keeper say,
  "Merry Christmas, son."
 As he returned inside, the shop keepers wife walked out.
 "Who were you talking to back there and where are the roses you were
 Staring out the window, and blinking the tears from his own
 eyes, he replied, "A strange thing happened to me this morning.
 While I was setting up things to open the shop, I thought I heard a
 voice telling me to set aside a dozen of my best roses for a special gift.

 I wasn't sure at the time whether I had lost my mind or what, but I set
them aside anyway. Then just a few minutes ago, a little boy came into
 the shop and wanted to buy a flower for his mother with one small
 When I looked at him, I saw myself, many years ago. I too
 was a poor boy with nothing to buy my mother a Christmas gift. A
 bearded man, whom I never knew, stopped me on the street and told me that
 he wanted to give me ten dollars.
 When I saw that little boy tonight, I knew who that voice
 was, and I put together a dozen of my very best roses."
 The shop owner and his wife hugged each other tightly, and
 as they  stepped out into the bitter cold air, they somehow didn't
 feel cold at all.
 Denise T