CULT: Gallery of Pots.

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

     I have now completed the new Iris bed.  Most of My Louisianas have
gone into a sunken kiddie pool.  The others [a few hybrids and the
Louisiana species]  have gone into large pots, which also have been sunken
into the ground.  Also in pots are some types of Iris virginica, Iris
pseudacorus [+ varieties], Iris tridentata, two cultivars of Japanese Iris,
four cultivars of Siberians, and one test plant.
     The sunken kiddie pool and the pots were filled with a mixture of
Canadian Peat and the native sand.  The Irises were then planted into this
mixture, which will hold more water, and keep them more moist.  All these
Irises have now been mulched with Pine Needles, as has the nearby Banana
Tree and Florida Beautyberry.
     The Gallery of Pots is in a location that gets morning and early
afternoon sun in winter, and is shaded somewhat late in the day.  In the
summer, that location gets morning and late afternoon sun, and gets light
shade at mid day.
     I will keep you all posted on this.  The plants that I fixed this way
first already look happier.

Mark A. Cook
billc@atlantic.net
Dunnellon, Florida.