Re: OT-BIO

From: Gerry Snyder <gcsnyd@loop.com>

IRISROT@aol.com wrote:

> From: IRISROT@aol.com
>
> Hi all,
> Just a little about myself..I am a member of AIS, MIS, SIB, JI, Species, two
> local clubs here in the St Louis area Greater St Louis Iris Society & Kirkwood
> Iris Society....

Jim,

Welcome to iris-talk. Your snipped comments make me sure you will be a big asset
to the list.

Your comments on TBIS seemed most reasoned. Since you (wisely) decline to make
further comments in this arena, I invite any one to answer these questions (real
search for an answer, not a challenge or put-down):

A section is an integral part of AIS. When a section takes a position on
something it is a position of (part of) AIS. How can AIS let people who are not
members of AIS speak for AIS? What is wrong with the way that the sections (at
least theoretically) operate now? Subscribers have all rights except voting, and
no AIS membership requirement; with voting membership restricted to AIS members.

Does this lead to some horrible problem for TBIS? What's the problem with
requesting subscribers to join AIS (and thereby TBIS) rather than requesting
members to join AIS?

As usual, there is much going on I don't understand.

Again, welcome, and good luck with your species plantings. The Species Symposium
in St. Louis ('95?) will always remain a major memory in my world of iris.

Gerry, hoping AIS and TBIS soon come to terms so we can talk about blooms
--
mailto:gcsnyd@loop.com    AIS Region 15
Warm, winterless Los Angeles