Re: AIS: Sections and Robins

From: Ellen Gallagher <e_galla@moose.ncia.net>

	Dororthy Willott wrote:

>There was considerable discussion at the AIS board meeting about the fact that
>some sections have non-AIS "subscribing memberships" which are not voting
>members.

	Uh, oh.

>It was brought out that the AIS Bylaws do not permit any type of
>members in sections that are not AIS members.  Part of the job of a new
>committee is to research this problem.

	A new committee - I hope that they take into account the realities
	of getting folks to pay money to join anything and I am sure they
	will.

	Also, something that has been bothering me for almost two years:
	I direct and own a mailing list that was originally (and still is)
	part of the AIS round-robin 'system'. I have taken the "don't ask,
	don't tell" approach re AIS membership.

	*Is there anything in the by-laws about the robin system?

	We are now up to 69 people and since the list is on the ONElist
	free to the public, it seems counterproductive to question
	new subscribers - we have had some new AIS and Siberian Section
	members from our little SIBROB.

	Ellen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~	"One touch of nature makes the
Ellen Gallagher  /  e_galla@moose.ncia.net		whole world kin"
Northern New Hampshire, USA    /   Zone 3a
Lancaster, NH   in  'The Great North Woods'