OT-BIO:Randy Meuir

From: "Randy C. Meuir" <rmeuir@mail.coin.missouri.edu>

I recently moved from St Louis to Columbia, Missouri. I have been growing
and crossing iris since 1994. I have a great interest in hybridizing and
most of my crosses have been TBs. I tend to be attracted to the plicatas
most and I also like horned iris. Most of my crosses have had plicata or
horned breeding on one side or the other and I am also trying to work in
some reblooming genes with iris like DUKE OF EARL (which rebloomed for me
in Nov). I grow a few hundred TBs and I also grow SDBs,IBs,MTBs,Siberians,
Spurias,Louisianas and a few species plants. I am a member of AIS and a
few local groups.
Since the beginning I have used the Gibson plicata MOUNTAIN MELODY quite
a bit because it is a pretty flower and it is a strong, vigerous plant
in Mo. It also gives above average seedlings. I would be interested in
knowing if anyone else has used this cultivar for hybridizing and with
what results. If anyone has any suggestions regarding a good plicata
parent I would appreciate hearing your advice.

Thanks, Randy