CULT: Iris treasure trove found...

  • To: "Iris-Talk" <iris-talk@onelist.com>
  • Subject: CULT: Iris treasure trove found...
  • From: "Chris Hollinshead" <cris@netcom.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 17:13:00 -0500

Hello iris friends, here is one iris person with egg on his face so to speak. I have just now found a bag of bearded iris that I picked up in August of this year!...they are a little dried out at this point having been inside the house all this time...

In any case, as we just have not had ANY sign of a winter yet I trimmed the roots off and soaked them in water for a couple of hours. Tomorrow I will plant them out in the garden and we will see what happens in the spring. What a dopey thing to do. Hope they will at least get growing again. For sure there will not be any 1999 bloom on these. (I would really, really be surprised if that happened)
A challenge is what I have here with these iris...
Here is the list of neglectees should anyone be interested:

TB:
SPIRIT WORLD really mad about this one, rhizome division was only SDB size to begin with...grrrr
HONKY TONK BLUES
BLACK FLAG
REBECCA ANN
SAPPHIRE HILLS