Re: CULT: Iris treasure trove found...

From: "Michael D. Greenfield" <redear@infinet.com>

Cris Hollinshead wrote;

To: Iris-Talk <iris-talk@onelist.com>
Subject: [iris-talk] CULT: Iris treasure trove found...
Date: Saturday, December 12, 1998 5:13 PM

>Hello iris friends, here is one iris person with egg on his face so to
speak. I have just now found a bag of bearded iris that I picked up in
August of this year!...they are a little dried out at this point having
>inside the house all this time...

> In any case, as we just have not had ANY sign of a winter yet I trimmed
roots off and soaked them in water for a couple of hours. Tomorrow I will
plant them out in the garden and we will see what happens in the spring.
What a dopey thing to do. Hope they will at least get growing again. For
sure there will not be any 1999 bloom on these. (I would really, really be
>surprised if that happened)

I would not be surprised I found one rhizome on the floor of my garage
after it had been lying there for 5 months. I planted it last week. Seven
days later I dug it up to move it. It had a fan starting and new roots
about 3/8" long. Unknown TB.

Back when I did not have the ( right information)  I planted Iris In zone 5
in late November. I bought them on clearance. Lost a few of the main
rhizome. but still had the increases. About half the ones with large
rhizomes bloomed .
Don't loose hope

Michael Greenfield
zone 5/6

At last! The perfect gifts for baseball fans...or anyone. Merchandise from
the Sonoma County Crushers, champions of the Western Baseball League (USA).
Go to http://www.icatmall.com/crushers