Re: SPEC: Iris unguicularis

From: "william b. cook" <billc@atlantic.net>

> My Iris Ung. didnt bloom till about Feb. in NM. These were in the ground.
> The plants I kept inside in NE  started blooming in Jan. I did leave it
> outside a little
> longer in the fall to get a few light frosts, tho. But not anything below
> degrees.

     Thank you for the information.  I suspect that the heat may be keeping
it from blooming.  I do know that it has delayed bloom of the Camellia
Japonica varieties.  Today, rain was forecast but it turned out sunny and
in the high 80's.  Cooler weather is forecast.  If they bloom, I will let
you know.

Mark A. Cook
Dunnellon, Florida.