Re: REBLOOM: tent covers

  • To: iris-talk@onelist.com
  • Subject: Re: REBLOOM: tent covers
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 09:19:21 -0800

From: Linda Mann <lmann@icx.net>

Merrily in DC wrote:
> So I
> built a polyester tent over it that comes to about 2 feet above the ground.
> Do you think this will promote enough heat gain to persuade the flowers to
> open?  Am wondering if I should complete the tent all the way to the
> ground.

I would - in my experience, leaving the bottom (or ANY of the tent) open
allows air ciculation and will let the entire inside of the tent reach
the same temperature as the outside, except during the day when the sun
is shining directly on the tent, and even then, if it's windy, it won't
be much warmer.  Seal the bottom edges with boards or dirt if you want
to keep it as warm as possible, and make sure none of the plant is
touching the tent.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA
thank you Mike Sutton for wishing all this rain our way.  what a soupy
mess.  Much needed.

At last! The perfect gifts for baseball fans...or anyone. Merchandise from
the Sonoma County Crushers, champions of the Western Baseball League (USA).
Go to http://www.icatmall.com/crushers