Re: CULT: Iris treasure trove found...

From: Wjobe@aol.com

Chris,
From my experiance, I would pot them up, but not put them under lights. I
would keep them in low light, but warm enough to grow roots. Keep them in
their cycle
as close as possible. They need their energy to grow the roots not a lot of
leaves and
blooms at this time. Then when the danger of frost is gone in the spring, just
put them, dirt and all in the ground, so as not to disturb the roots.  One
year,in
Kans., I sold some iris from my yard and one lady never picked hers up. I
forgot
about the bag of rhizomes in the garage and come spring when I did find it,
much
to my surprise, One of them had put up a bloom stalk. Rather weak, but
nontheless
It was trying to bloom!! They are hardier than we think!!
Leslie, in KY  (zone 6)

At last! The perfect gifts for baseball fans...or anyone. Merchandise from
the Sonoma County Crushers, champions of the Western Baseball League (USA).
Go to http://www.icatmall.com/crushers