Re: OT-BIO

From: phoenixflr@juno.com

Glad to be back online; I've been monitoring iris-talk for a while but
didn't want to jump in until I got some sense of the conversation.  With
my family I operate a local general perennial nursery, Phoenix Flower
Farm (thus the address), w/major interests in irises, daylilies, hosta,
peonies, ornamental grasses.  Major iris interests are historics of all
types and Siberians of all ages; also grow lots of medians.  Currently
Editor of ROOTS for HIPS (yes, issue is going to printer 12/14).
Co-chair with Kathryn Mohr of HIPS 2000 Convention.

Don't be put off by juno address; I have the extended form which includes
Web access & file attachment; not free but somewhat less expensive than
others and allowed me to keep E-mail address I had had for a couple
months at a local computer/coffee shop.  I've been on and off line for a
while; to my acquaintances who have/have not been able to reach me, my
new computer is now up and running; I expect to stay put for a while.

I'm located in Phoenix NEW YORK, between Syracuse and Oswego, Zone 5a
with lots of snow cover most years--though our first measurable broke a
record for lateness this year and just occurred this past week.  Amazing!
 Our soil is naturally sandy and acidic, being near the southern limit of
Lake Iroquois, the prehistoric forerunner of Lake Ontario--now 20 miles
away.

				Helen Schueler
				2620 Lamson Rd
				Phoenix NY 13135

At last! The perfect gifts for baseball fans...or anyone. Merchandise from
the Sonoma County Crushers, champions of the Western Baseball League (USA).
Go to http://www.icatmall.com/crushers