Re: rebloom and freeze tents

From: RYFigge@aol.com

Merrily, I don't know about your tent - someone else might help as to whether
to allow ground moisture a chance to escape,  BUT it reminds me of what I
tried about 25 years ago when my garden was going to be on a regional tour and
it suddenly  turned VERY hot and my garden was almost at peak - early - so I
had bought some war-surplus parachutes to make some blouses for my children
(that's another story another time -),  I had a brilliant(??!!) idea to erect
the parachute over the garden to protect it from the blazing sun.  It took
ladders, tall help, and even tempers to erect this - and it had to be tied to
something in 4  areas.  It looked wonderful - just the answer - air could waft
underneath it - oh, YES!  It could indeed!  In fact the next day strong winds
came up and frantic calls for help reverberated through the air because it
seemed my whole garden was going to do a MaryPoppins!  and my good idea was
bundled away for future dressmaking.  Good luck to your tent idea.  Rosalie nr
Baltimore zone 7 (by the way what zone are you in - also 7?)   ryfigge@aol.com