Re: HYB: Oklahoma Pollen Daubers

From: Greer Holland <irisdude@flash.net>

Randy C. Meuir wrote:

> From: "Randy C. Meuir" <rmeuir@mail.coin.missouri.edu>
>

> > Hi Randy!  Just wanted to say welcome to Iris-Talk and to let you know there are
> > others from Missouri here too.  Ray and Judy Keisling are also members of
> > Iris-Talk.  I assume you know them.
> >
> > Linda and I are members of AIS, the Iris Society of the Ozarks here in Springfield,
> > the Tulsa Area Iris Society and Tall Bearded Iris Society.  If you ever want to know
> > what is going on down here just send me mail.
> >
> > Glenn
> >
> Hi Glenn and Linda,
>
> Nice to meet you. Do you ever go out to the Pollen Daubers Seminar in
> Oklahoma City. I have been a couple of times and it was really fun.
> Oklahoma City is a nice town. It seems kind of laid back, my kind of
> place. I may try to go this year but I have not seen any ad for it. I
> assume they still have it every February. I think Paul Black was the
> speaker/teacher last time. I met him at a GSLIS (St Louis) meeting and he
> said he was supposed to do it. I don't know who they will have this
> session but its always interesting. I was thinking of joining TBIS also. I
> heard their publication has a lot of interesting stuff in it.
>
> Randy Meuir
> Columbia, MO

Dear Randy,
     Greetings from Oklahoma!  My husband, Greer Holland, and I are
members of the Sooner State Iris Society, which is the host for the
Pollen Dauber's Seminar.  I am the newsletter person for Sooner State
and the membership chairman as well.  Our 1999 Pollen Dauber's Seminar
will be on Saturday, February 27th, from 9:00 to 3:00 at the Will Rogers
Garden Center in Oklahoma City.  The speaker/guest pollen dauber will be
George Sutton of Sutton's Greenthumber in California.  He should be a
great speaker.  We will have an ad for the seminar posted in the January
1999 AIS Bulletin.  Please contact me if you need any other
information.  Welcome to iris talk!

Best regards,
Mona French
Forest Park, Oklahoma