Mark Cook's welcomes & LA: (no LA)

From: "Randy C. Meuir" <rmeuir@mail.coin.missouri.edu>

Dear Mark,

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I wrote you a long message yesterday
but accidently deleted it. I did not have the energy to redo it. Thanks
for the welcomes. The fact is, I really do feel welcome . I like this
iris-list. I came here seeking knowledge and I am finding it
along with a little humanity. I like the way people here interact with
kindness, respect and dignity.
I will not give you the long version of the story of how I became involved
with irises, but I will say that I was new to gardening and I read an
article on Tall Beardeds and hybridizing in a gardening magazine. After
reading the article I began a search for "modern" iris and received the
unexpected gift of meeting and getting to know some wonderful people. Its
funny how small, chance happenings can change the course of one's life.
Iris people have a peace and enthusiasm that is contagious.

Mark, you asked about the LAs and I wanted to tell you how they are doing
in my garden but I had better save it for another time.

Randy

Randy Meuir
Columbia MO